The health and well-being of customers has always been our top priority. We are committed to food safety. Our packinghouse employees receive extensive, ongoing training in Good Manufacturing Practices to ensure that only safe, high-quality fruit leaves our facilities. It’s also why Wonderful Citrus was one of the first to adopt the Produce Traceability Initiative (PTI), which was integrated into our new mandarin plant.
Our commitment to food safety runs both deep and wide. Here are just a few of the programs in place:
- An intensive pest monitoring and prevention program with weekly inspections. Our in-house staff supports the integrated pest management program created by our GFSI-qualified provider.
- An experienced full-time sanitarian.
- Food-safety review partnerships with respected universities including Cal Poly Pomona and University of California Davis.
- Annual food safety and security training as part of the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) training administered by our Facility Operations Food Safety Manager.
- Scheduled internal audits of all food safety programs in addition to facility-wide PrimusGFS Global Food Safety Initiative Audit Superior rating